Fax Over IP (FoIP)
Fax over IP (FoIP) refers to the process of sending and receiving faxes via a Voice over IP (VoIP) network.
Traditionally network fax users were forced to install fax boards in their servers to allow them to communicate with the public switched telephone network (PSTN). After the introduction of VoIP networks and the subsequent development of FoIP software you no longer need to install fax hardware to utilise a network fax server. Instead you now have the option to install FoIP drivers such as Dialogic SR140 on your fax server which allows the initial part of the fax call to traverse your IP network using SIP or H323. Typically the IP call will then terminate onto the PSTN via an IP-PBX or a VoIP gateway.
- Eliminates hardware dependency allowing fax server virtualisation
- Takes advantage of existing IP infrastructure
- Lowers total equipment, maintenance and operating costs due to network consolidation
- Reduces long distance costs and eliminates the need to maintain fax ports on your PBX system
FaxCore provides users with a collection of the newest and most inventive fax technology available today. Customers can choose from our A-LA-CART list of individual components to build a custom solution that fits their specific requirements or select from our extensive list of appliance-type product bundles.
The A-LA-CART is particularly suitable for organizations that may want to replace an existing fax server solution and already have fax boards or FoIP fax drivers already in place. These organizations can simply select the modules they need to migrate to a true 21st Century fax server application – FaxCore
For customers that prefer an appliance-type solution, FaxCore offers a range of products to fit almost any environment. These units consist of pre-assembled appliance options complete with remote installation and annual support and maintenance bundled into a single product bundle. The appliances support analog, digital or FoIP deployments, integration with VoIP PBXs and even include virtual appliance options.
FaxCore is a true 21st Century fax server application with a mix of standard features unparalleled in the industry. Built on the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 the FaxCore high-performance engine is designed to deliver fax traffic over enterprise networks of any size. FaxCore lets you fax enable the entire organization locally or globally.
Total Fax Tracking
Modeled after the browser-based tracking systems used by top companies, FaxCore tracks incoming and outgoing faxes before, during and after transmission including confirmation, time of delivery, undeliverable notification, alternate fax numbers, transmission replay and much more.
Automatic Archiving. FaxCore offers the most powerful document archiving available. Incoming faxes are immediately stored, indexed and can be retrieved with any web browser as JPEG, GIF, PDF or TIFF files.
Integration with Microsoft Applications. FaxCore is integrated with many Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint without cumbersome connectors. The product runs on Microsoft Server 2008 R2 and is interoperable with Exchange 2010 UM for the latest in Unified Communications (UC) technology.
Microsoft CRM integration. Fax directly from MS CRM and log all fax communications into the history file for each Company or Customer record. Send and receive faxes from CRM as easily as emails.
Fax-enable Applications. Leveraging our .NET architecture and Web Service/SOA SDK, developers can easily fax-enable CRM, ERP, EMR and office productivity software with only a few lines of code.
SMTP Gateway. Supports character encoding when parsing sender and recipient email address from mail server. This allows SMTP parser to convert double-byte characters from base64 string to original character encoding.
New Rendering Engine. The new rendering engine eliminates the requirement for native applications including Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader installed on FaxCore Server.
The FaxCore Server is architected with the same web-server-farm design that popular on-line retailers use to provide scalable and fault tolerant high volume Internet based services. This allows FaxCore to provide near linear n-tier scalability and complete fault tolerance, without the need for complicated clustering software or network configurations that are often required from traditional client-server based fax software.
Key features of the FaxCore Server architecture include:
N-tier scalability: FaxCore’s web architecture provides the scalability and fault tolerance demanded by organizations today through open and proven web-server-farm architectures. New FaxCore Servers can be added and removed to an organizations global network on the fly without needing to shut-down the system.
Open MS SQL Database: FaxCore Standard ships with a SQL Express and FaxCore’s Enterprise Server includes a MS SQL server. FaxCore can also run as an instance on existing corporate MS SQL servers.
Intelligent Server Discovery and Monitoring: All FaxCore servers, services, and related Fax Boards register with the central FaxCore Database each time they start-up, without the need to pre-define the server through administration screens. Once a server registers, in can be monitored and administered through the FaxCore administration web pages.
Powerful Document Server: FaxCore includes a lightweight document server that gives you precise control on where documents are stored on your servers. Inbound and outbound faxes can be automatically partitioned by FaxCore the way you want them on your drives, allowing simple archiving and intelligent file naming.
Microsoft .NET: FaxCore is built natively using Microsoft .NET technologies and provides powerful SDKs for both native .NET development, and XML based web service interfaces.
Minimum Recommended Requirements:
- Windows Server 2003, SP2
- CPU: Pentium 4 (2.0ghz or higher)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (Minimum)
- Disk Space: 20 GB available disk space
- (Additional disk space will be required for storage of fax messages).
High-performance fax server for mission-critical communication
With support for up to 96 lines, Facsys Enterprise is for organizations that depend heavily on fax for business communications. The solution includes virtually all of the connectors and gateways that Avantune offers at no additional charge.
Enterprise servers can be deployed in a cluster with load balancing and automatic failover to provide the highest level of availability. Fax messages can be written to multiple, clustered SQL databases for archive redundancy as well.
Used by organizations in every industry, all over the world, fax remains a proven transmission medium at the core of business communications. In key functional areas such as sales, procurement, human resources and legal, fax is the standard means for ensuring secure transmission and receipt of critical information.
As organizations move to increase efficiency and maintain control of content for compliancy initiatives, transition from traditional fax machines to fax server solutions is integral to achieving these goals.
fax what you want, when you want, how you want
Avantune® Facsys™ is a complete line of fax routing solutions ranging from turnkey appliances to enterprise-level software. Robust fax routing and delivery engines, Facsys solutions automate the flow of fax messages to ensure secure, efficient delivery of fax information to email inboxes and network repositories.
Facsys solutions eliminate the need for manual fax machines, and the handling and storage of hardcopy faxes. Facsys enables users to transmit and receive faxes directly through desktop and enterprise applications, a desktop client, a browser interface, and email client software.
Purpose-built application connectors, plug-ins and a software development kit ‘faxenable’ a broad range of applications, platforms and business process workflows, including:
- Multi-Function Peripherals (MFPs)
- Smart phones and other mobile devices
- Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Enterprise Resource Planning applications (e.g. SAP)
- Enterprise Content Management systems
Available in a range of options from stand-alone appliances to multi-server farms, Facsys scales from ten to thousands of users. A seamless upgrade path accommodates future growth for your fax messaging requirements.
Features & Benefits
Integrated fax messaging increases productivity
- Facsys offers the most user interface options – Facsys Desktop Client, Facsys Web Access,
Outlook integration, MFP connectors, SAP integration and more
- Broad interface support means users send and receive faxes from/to the familiar interfaces they know from desktop and enterprise software applications, copiers and scanners
Facsys Desktop Client
- Fax-enables desktop applications – users can fax anything they can print or email
- Silent push deployment of client software via SMS saves administrative time and effort
Facsys Web Access
- Thin browser client enables users to send and receive fax messages easily from any location on the network
- Includes all the features in the Facsys Desktop Client
- Provides an easy transition for users familiar with Outlook Web Access
Seamless integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Enables users to send Microsoft Office documents as fax messages directly from Outlook, and receive inbound faxes as emails in their
Outlook inbox folder
- Familiar interface reduces training requirements and shortens the learning curve
Enhanced User Notifications
- Improves communication amongst team members and supervisors to streamline the fax messaging workflow
Fax-enables email systems without connectors
- Fax-enables Microsoft Exchange using the Exchange SMTP gateway (2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Accelerates fax enablement of Exchange systems – customers are no longer required to install an additional connector
- Enables essentially any SMTP mail platform (e.g. SAP®, Lotus® Notes) with eCOPY™ ShareScan OP™
Integrated Microsoft SQL technology
- Retains fax transmissions for as long as required to meet compliance obligations
- Document storage is limited only by hard drive capacity Integration with Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Content Management
- Enables users to publish inbound faxes and delivery notifications directly into SharePoint
- Retains all metadata, user defined document properties (i.e. keywords) and OCR’d text
- Facilitates storage, search and retrieval of faxes within the SharePoint repository
- Increases collaboration efforts while enforcing document access control
- Maintains document storage and retention policies in accordance with compliance requirements
Integration with Avantune Freedoc Enterprise Content Management
- Automatically deposits documents from email systems, MFPs and Facsys-enabled applications into the Freedoc ECM document repository
- Provides an audit trail for all deposited documents
- Ensures document integrity and retention required for regulatory compliance Integration with Multi-Function Peripherals (MFPs)
- Supported models from Brother, Canon, HP, Ricoh, Sharp, Xerox and others
Supports SIP-based, Fax over IP
- Eliminates the need for fax boards
- Supports VoIP environments from Alcatel, Avaya, Cisco, Nortel, Siemens, 3Com, standalone gateways from Sonus, Dialogic, and many more
- Utilizes existing IP data networks, including the Internet, to provide secure fax transmission without dedicated lines
Comprehensive Fax Routing
- Supports multiple options for automated routing of inbound fax messages – Direct Inward Dialing (DID), Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF), Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS), Call Sender Identification (CSI), Automated Number Identification (ANI) and Caller ID to ensure fax messages are delivered to the right individual or group quickly and efficiently
- Routes inbound faxes to recipients based on Optical Character Recognition (OCR) of the fax content
- Alternatively, scans for a barcode in an incoming fax message and uses that information to determine the correct recipient
- Delivers outbound faxes using the least cost routing algorithm
Administration with Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Leverages existing infrastructure to streamline user management, permissions and group membership
- Provides the option of single sign-on for Facsys users
Centralized administration of all Facsys installations
- Provides granular control of user profiles, groups, boards, channels, inclusion lists and blocked lists
- Simplifies administration of load-balancing, failover, least-cost routing and other networking features
- Delivers customizable delivery reports and notifications to multiple email recipients
- Reduces administration time, effort and costs
Facsys Monitoring Service
- Administrator’s application sends test fax messages to monitor the health of Facsys services
- Can be used in conjunction with enterprise network management applications (e.g. Tivoli, Avantune NetX) to trigger notifications of events or conditions
Facsys Active Fax Messaging/Software Development Kit (AFM/SDK)
- Free, open source development kit provides the tools to customize and integrate Facsys with existing applications
- Supports programming in C#, VB.NET, ASP/VBScript, ASP/JScript, C/C++ and VB
Incorporates Crystal reporting tools
- Extracts Facsys information and presents it in meaningful graphical formats
- Assists in tracking specific fax messages
- Pre-defined report templates provide analysis of fax usage by user, group, server, load and other parameters
Flexible licensing models
- Facsys is available as an all-in-one appliance and server software, licensed per-channel basis