Policy & Routing
Ribbon’s Centralized Policy and Routing (PSX) solution is the “gold standard” for centralised network policy and routing control. PSX’s scalable, high-availability architecture optimises capital expenses by maximising utilisation of network resources, while its single point of provisioning greatly reduces the complexity and cost of operations. The PSX can be deployed in any fixed or mobile operators network, including being used as an IMS Border Gateway Control Function (BGCF). Deployment options exist for the PSX in various different cloud deployments using the PSX Software Edition (PSX SWe).
Features & Benefits
- Intelligently manage communications sessions (e.g. routing paths, priority, admission control), based on a multiple policies for least cost and QoS routing, including media type,source/destination and time of day/week
- Standards-compliant, multi-protocol interoperability enabling the call routing engine to work seamlessly in heterogeneous voice networks including SIP, ENUM, H.323, TDM, SS7/C7, and IN/AIN
- Highly redundant architecture and live upgrade capabilities deliver 99.999% availability, even during peak loads of millions of calls per hour
- Single point provisioning and distributed call processing simplifies operations and reduces the likelihood of provisioning errors
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication