SBC 5400 - Session Border Controller
The Ribbon SBC 5400 is the ultimate enterprise session border controller (SBC) platform that advances today’s and tomorrow’s real-time communications. As enterprisese migrate from legacy to next-generation IP-based communications systems, the SBC 5400 provides a solution for robust network security, intelligent session control, robust media services and SIP normalization.
In an independent, third party report the SBC 5400 delivered impressive results during multiple tests and attack scenarios, including the ability to provide:
- Advanced Scalability – The capacity of the SBC 5400 hardware platform can be easily expanded to 75,000 concurrent sessions by simply upgrading media interface capacity via software licensing.
- Unparalleled Performance – While many competitive SBCs lose as much as half their call capacity by encrypting VoIP media streams, the SBC 5400 easily supports just as many encrypted secure RTP sessions as normal unencrypted media sessions.
- Robust Security – Denial of Service (DoS) flood attacks were launched at the SBC 5400’s SIP-signaling and media ports while it handled high call volumes. The SBC 5400 effectively deflected these attacks and no legitimate calls were dropped irrespective of call complexity.
As the newest member of Ribbon’s award-winning SBC portfolio, the SBC 5400 SBC 5400 is also Microsoft Teams certified to ensure calling services are not interrupted. It is specifically designed to address the unique real-time communications business challenges for security, interoperability, and reliability. It is ready made to address everything from video, UC& C. WebRTC, and mobility in enterprise and service provider deployments.
Features & Benefits
The Ribbon SBC 5400 is a proven hardware architecture that offers predictable and assured performance with scalability up to 75,000 anchored media sessions. The SBC 5400 offers a simple embedded GUI and a real-time dashboard that monitors KPIs. Customers have their choice of 2x1GB, 4x1GB or 10GB IP Interfaces based on a simple software license.
- Limits CAPEX with scalable performance and capacity – SBC scales from a few hundred sessions to 75,000 simultaneous sessions with just software license upgrade.
- True multimedia SBC support for audio, video and collaboration with advanced security, priority, identity and service quality capabilities – without compromising performance or scale
- All product features may be enabled and operational at the same time, including encryption
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interoperation
- Scalable protection from attack and theft of service; delivers high performance even during DoS attacks
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with no other upgrades required
- Embedded policy and routing to provide enhanced network optimization
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- FIPS-140-2 certified