Moving from a traditional phone system to IP telephony provides opportunities to enhance real-time communications, but brings new security threats. The Ribbon Session Border Controller (SBC) 2000 protects against SIP-based attacks while offering medium sized business unparalleled interoperability between numerous communication endpoints.
Mergers, acquisitions and technology adoption present an ever-changing unified communications (UC) landscape. The SBC 2000 adapts to meet changing needs. Support for concurrent sessions and connections to legacy telephony devices can be expanded via a simple license, eliminating the need for a truck-roll and on-site technician.
The SBC 2000 integrates seamlessly with leading unified communications vendors It is qualified for Microsoft Skype™ for Business and can be used as a Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA). Microsoft Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition can run, embedded, on the SBC 2000.
Features & Benefits
Medium-sized enterprises need to secure their IP telephony as it moves onto their data network. Service availability is paramount and telephony traffic anomalies have broad-reaching effects. The SBC 2000 helps ensure communication go through smoothly and securely, integrating with leading UC vendors in an array of environments.
- Topology hiding, encryption and protection against Denial of Service attacks.
- Acts as a Survivable Branch Appliance for Microsoft Skype™ for Business.
- Connects endpoints using disparate communications protocols and codecs
- Third-party verification that calls are not dropped under attack
- Manage and provision through API access or an easy to use Web GUI
- Monitor Microsoft Skype™ for Business quality of experience (QoE), and see who is available with presence awareness for legacy communications endpoints.